Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pillow Talk

"You are the calm in the storm when life seems strange..."

Last night or should I say most of this morning... I spent it speaking to a person I never would have seen myself saying more then just hi and bye to, one of the most intriguing conversations I've had in a very long time. At first I was not sure of where the conversation would go but as we began to speak and share stories it seemed as though I was at peace for a moment. Through all the drama, pain and frustrations that I was enduring I found someone who could bring a smile to my face without even noticing. I've learned that it's the people you're least expecting to affect you that change your life.
As the night went on we spoke of many things, thoughts and ideas most people won't even open their minds to. I came to realize that just like me and probably many others, we all look for someone that we can be honest with. Everyone is insecure in one way or another but what we fail to realize is that their is no reason to be insecure. We'll come across a person or if we're lucky a couple of people who will look past your insecurities. Those insecurities that you believe are flaws and everyone notices, but the only person that notices is you. There are people who find the natural beauty in you, they allow you to glow and make you feel as though you are worthy of the best and that's exactly what that person will give you if you just allow them to. The problem is we are all convinced that no one can tell us we are beautiful and mean it.
Sometimes I wish I could change the way people look at themselves, the people you believe should be at peace and content with who they are, their looks, and most of all their heart are really just lost. The most beautiful people are always the least convinced and she is not. This one conversation made me realize the truth of many girls. We all search for the beauty in ourselves but we never see that it's not that hard to find. The look in your eyes, your smile and your heart are all beautiful. If you don't notice it then believe me when I say it. You are beautiful, you don't have to try very hard, your beauty reflects on every picture and every word you say. Your words made me smile...
You have given me hope in a way that one day you'll notice... let's just hope you stick around


Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments: